Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
The Starling Model Validation team is looking for someone to join their team as a Senior Analyst. This is a senior role within the team and previous model development or model validation experience is required. This role will suit someone who has experience across a variety of credit risk models, including IFRS 9, scorecards, stress testing and IRB models, and is looking to develop their career further.
If you’re ambitious, inquisitive, proactive and want to learn more, we want to hear from you.
As a Senior Analyst – Model Validation, you will be responsible for:
- Validating models for all lending portfolios, including mortgages, SME and retail credit, with a focus on IFRS 9 models.
- Review of technical documentation describing model developments.
- Delivery of model validation documentation.
- Replicating model developments, analysing model performance and constructing challenger models.
- Reviewing monthly impairment outputs and relevant post-model adjustments.
- Supporting third parties in external validation exercises.
- Supporting any internal or external audit requirements.
- Reviewing and challenging the outputs of Management Information as part of periodic validations.
- 2 – 5 years experience in credit risk model validation or model development, with a good understanding of IFRS 9 models and regulations. Scorecard, stress testing and IRB model experience would also be beneficial.
- Expert in the use of analytical tools such as R/Python/SQL/SAS and spreadsheets.
- Good knowledge of regulatory and risk management guidelines, such as EBA guidelines, CRR and PRA rules.
- Ability to articulate findings from analysis in a succinct and clear way that is suitable for the target audience.
- Organised, flexible and adaptable, with the ability to switch between tasks seamlessly.
- Proven and proactive self starter.
- Technical and interpersonal skills, with an ability to articulate challenge and be challenged constructively.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.