Salary: £9.70 per hour
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Security Officer/Weighbridge Operator to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To support the security operations team by providing completion of requests for additional cover, information requirements and business processes while continually improving efficiency.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to company uniform requirements.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
- To develop excellent working relationships with our customers engaging with all levels in the business
- To remain alert and vigilant for intruders.
- To respond to any calls for assistance and co-ordinate any incident with relevant shift manager/responsible person(s). (Includes contacting the emergency services via ADT).
- To act as site key holders.
- Patrolling your premises to prevent or detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- To document all incidents and occurrences in the Daily Occurrence Book.
- To provide written reports and witness statements to site and the Police if required.
- Use of Weighbridge
- To enforce Sodexo and Nestle policies and procedures.
- To monitor the CCTV system, access control system and fire alarm system.
- Conduct staff and vehicle searches where required.
- Control access and egress to site for both vehicles and pedestrians.
- Drive a security van around site
- Good Analytical skills
- Organised & able to use initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and customers
- Competent with different types of operational systems
- This role requires a high level of energy, drive and resilience as well as an ability to do things at pace without loss of accuracy
- Strong interactive communication skills
- To be able to develop and build good client & customer relationships- Essential
- Customer service focused with exceptional communication skills- Essential
- To be able to respond to a variety of needs and work pressures- Essential
- A knowledge of health and safety- Essential
- Smart and presentable- Essential
- To be physically fit and capable of conducting manual various handling tasks- Essential
- Valid SIA license – Essential
- Driving license – Essential
- To be able to show flexibility with regards to work patterns
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality issues- Essential
- All employees are expected to adhere to Sodexo health and safety regulations and Equal opportunity regulations – Essential
- To be able to write accurate and legible logs, security reports and statements- Essential
Location: York, England