While we are a fully licensed UK bank, we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
To support our ongoing growth we’re looking to recruit a team manager within our Security & Intelligence Unit – reporting to the Bank’s Deputy Director of Security & Intelligence.
This is a management-level role within the Banks Security & Intelligence Unit.
The role will oversee the day-to-day operations and development of the Bank’s intelligence function – as a result, it is expected that you will be comfortable operating with the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of a small number of Security & Intelligence Analysts;
- Oversight of the Bank’s intelligence handling, assessment and grading operations;
- Ongoing contribution to the development of Security & Intelligence process and policy;
- Oversight of identifying trends and threats through data analysis;
- Manage the production of monthly assurance reports;
- Support with detailed analytics and case escalation, as required;
- Supporting the Physical Security and Investigations function, as directed;
- Engagement at senior stakeholder level across the Bank;
- Represent the Bank as a senior contact on external intelligence and collaborative projects/initiatives across the sector, as required.
- Oversee the Bank’s FIG access and associated user reviews;
- Manage the Bank’s MG11 production and approved signatories, acting as a subject matter expert and signatory for law enforcement. This may include representing the Bank in Court, if required (case-by-case basis)
- Experience working in an investigative or intelligence capacity within financial services or law enforcement;
- Knowledge of intelligence flows, principles and processes;
- Strong communication, analytical and organisational skills;
- Previous management experience;
- Good knowledge of analytical and reporting software;
- Strong knowledge of AML / Fraud typologies and relevant regulations;
- Previous experience engaging with law enforcement at a senior level;
- Excellent decision-making and investigative skills;
- Good knowledge of data-sharing regulations;.
- Good level of physical Security awareness
- Previous experience in drafting witness statements and court attendance beneficial – but not essential
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.