Shift hours: Permanent
Conference & Meetings Sales Executive
This is an exciting opportunity for a Conference & Meetings Sales Executive to join our team at the Royal Armouries in Leeds. You will be responsible for the conference & event function, reporting to the Sales Manager. Leading, developing, and motivating a high-performing team to deliver exceptional events is the core objective of this role. You will also build client relations, compliance H&S, finance, HR, sales, and planning.
The role is to work as part of an established team to drive conference, banqueting, wedding and exhibition sales to achieve the annual targets for the venue. The conferencing and event executive will process enquiries for the venue from enquiry stage through to the day of the event, ensuring all enquiry handling, sales administration and coordination is accomplished effectively, accurately and in a timely manner. The highest standards of customer service are essential, and you will be required to actively seek client feedback and sales leads at every opportunity. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they can multitask effectively, be enthusiastic, passionate, driven, positive and offer a polite, friendly and personal service.
The successful Conference and Meetings Sales Executive will undertake the following duties:
· Communicate with clients by phone and in writing in respect of arrangements for all functions.
· Ensure that every customer is given a polite, friendly and personal service, and be able to turn any negative customer experiences into positive ones.
· Acknowledge and act upon individual customer needs whilst observing the standards and confirm an achievable plan for delivery by liaison with the operations team.
· Respond to enquiries from agents/clients by phone, fax and email within the stated time limit and in a professional manner
· Practice efficient and effective yield management in line with guidelines and in consultation with the Sales Manager. Promote special offers where appropriate and maximise each and every sales opportunity, in a pro-active manner
· Prepare contracts and ensure maximum conversion of all business. ensure all business is chased and departmental guidelines are followed at all times
· Pro-actively sells the venue to both potential and current clients
· Pro-actively research potential clients that use competitor venues and become a Champion for competitor venues
· Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquires courteously and efficiently
· Print the weekly function pack and distribute to relevant departments
· Ensure client receives a detailed function sheet (BEO) in advance of their event. Communicate this information in a timely and accurate way to all operational departments. Attend the weekly function sheet meeting as required
· Email daily reports to relevant departments/team members
· Follows all applicable laws and corporate standards and guidelines
· Excellent written ability
· Strong communication skills
· Strong organisation skills
· An ability to sell a product/package.
· Willing to learn
· Ability to deal with a wide range of people
· 1 Years Delphi Experience