Sales Development Executive
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: We’re open to flexible working hours so whether you’re looking for full time, part time, job sharing or looking for flexible start/finish times, just let us know on your application
Location: We’ll support you to work flexibly from home (providing a suite of IT equipment), whilst coming together on site to offer face to face support and collaboration when required.
Closing date: 11.06.2023
Salary: Starting from £28,600 + excellent benefits
Are you target driven and self-motivated?
Do you have fantastic organisational skills to keep contacts and schedules perfectly in order?
If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you here at EDF as a Sales Development Executive!
As a Sales Development Executive, you will primarily be tasked with facilitating leads for EDF Energy’s products and services to enable complex deal negotiation and close by the Account Management team.
In this role, you will be responsible for progressing qualified leads through negotiation to closure and contract. You will utilise a variety of tools and methods to ensure you are able to have meaningful conversations with key influencers and decision makers in a customer organisation.
You will qualify leads to understand potential sales opportunities and seek support from Senior Account Executive or Account Executives on complex requests.
You’ll be contacting prospective customers through calls/emails to introduce EDF’s products and service offerings and will match customers needs to appropriate products.
As a Sales Development Executive, you will provide demonstrations of products and services, in particular EDF’s digital offerings to prospective and existing customers. You’ll also manage inbound and outbound sales negotiations from opportunity to close for the smaller less complex customer segment within Medium Business Sales.
What we’re looking for…
• Incredible verbal and written communication skills
• Team player that will work with others to reach a larger goal
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and the wider business
• Coachable and able to take and implement constructive criticism
• Ability to learn and use new technology in a relatively quick manner with instruction
• Maintains direction and focus through proactive planning and organised approaches to all work
• Ability to challenge customers and take control of conversations
• Ability to use Outlook and/or CRM to maintain accurate contacts
Mat Dodd, Sales Team Manager says “I can’t put a value on the flexibility I’m afforded at EDF, it’s been a massive help to my family life and has enabled me to provide assistance to loved ones in difficult times. I feel supported by the entire organisation and I’m able to concentrate on my role and develop my team to new and exciting challenges. Our culture is definitely one of shared responsibility and we are always keen to find new and innovative ways to help our customers and each other.”
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity, inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re an equal opportunity and disability confident employer. If you feel comfortable sharing with us that you have a disability, you meet the minimum criteria for the role, we will guarantee you an interview.
We’ll value the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed and to feel you belong.
• Potential to earn 5% bonus
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing with service up to a maximum of 30 days)
• A defined contribution pension scheme
• Retail discounts and cashback deals
• Healthcare cash plan
• Technology benefits
• Government tax-free childcare
Option to purchase:
• Additional annual leave
• Dental insurance
• Gym membership
• Critical illness insurance
• Personal accident insurance
• Travel insurance
• Car breakdown cover
• Dining card
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.