Salary: £9.50 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
Room Division Assistant
As one of our Room Division Assistants, you will be working closely with the housekeeping team, reception team and maintenance team and ensure stock for those teams are full, upkeep health and safety procedures and ensure that guest arrivals are managed smoothly.
You’ll be working in a team full of fantastic people as a Room Division Assistant. After all, who doesn’t dream about coming into work, doing what they love and spending time with friends?
- Service guest accommodation and public areas to exceptional standards at all times.
- Acquire and maintain full knowledge of all areas of work to be covered in the course of duty.
- Keep stock rooms tidy at all times and report stock shortages to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Ensure all housekeeping trolleys are well stocked before work commences.
- Ensure all equipment is in a safe condition and report it if not.
- Attendance at Rooms Division team meetings and a positive attitude towards attending training as well as a commitment and willingness to continually strive to improve own work and standards.
- Maintain a familiarity with Compass health and safety and fire safety procedures and report any issues identified to management in a timely manner.
- Arrive at work punctually for every shift, well presented and in the correct uniform, adhering to break time limits.
- Follow the correct reporting procedures as specified in the Colleague Handbook if for any reason you are unable to attend for work.
- Correct conduct and behaviour is essential throughout the hotel and in particular around guest accommodation, remembering at all times that guests are here to relax.
- Be polite, friendly and helpful and acknowledge guests and colleagues with a pleasant manner.
- Any other Rooms Division as may be required.
- To ensure that arrivals are managed smoothly, efficiently and with high levels of customer care and that the correct registration procedure is adhered to.
- Posting of charges, receiving payments, issuing receipts and the correct usage of the PDQ machine following company accounting guidelines.
- Ensure that checking guests out on departure, client accounts are settled in full and guest satisfaction is checked.
- Managing paperwork for future arrivals, making sure the information on the registration card is correct, pre-payment made, and allocations match the guest’s requirements.
- Communicating with the guests, checking satisfaction, resolving conflicts and coaching the team to improve departmental hospitality performance.
- Have knowledge of the type of stays available and special offers that are running, communicating them to the team.
- Carry out general administration duties including filing, photocopying to fulfil the departmental needs. Keep debtors accounts to an absolute minimum.
- To establish corporate business opportunities within the resort, for room business and event business. Support other corporate sales activities in the hotel.
- Have an understanding of the telephone system, accepting external and internal calls and transferring to correct departments and guests’ rooms.
- Balance the banking at the end of the shift.
- Ensure all arrivals, departures and room moves are completed.
- Carry out room checks to ensure room cleanliness standards are adhered to and maintained.
- Liaise with other departments on all relevant information that may affect guest satisfaction.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Comply with all Company Policy and Procedures
- Any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Senior Management Team
It’s doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a Room Division Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn.
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire