£136 per day
Job Description Summary
Saga is Britain’s most experienced specialist Cruise Operator exclusively for holidaymakers who are aged 50 years and over. Saga Cruises comprises Ocean Cruising, with two purpose-built ocean cruise ships, and River Cruising, also with two purpose-built river cruise ships and further itineraries available on charter ships. We provide a boutique experience on board all our vessels where it is our mission to exceed guest expectations and provide Exceptional Experiences Every Day.
Our employees will be able to provide an excellent level of service and able to gain customer confidence through knowledge and a genuine concern for their wellbeing and enjoyment of their holiday.
River Cruise Entertainers are responsible for the smooth running of our on board entertainment programme, ensuring that our customers have an enjoyable holiday experience. River Cruise Entertainers must possess a professional approach to maintain and reflect a high standard of service and customer care as set out by the Company and will comply with and implement procedures as laid down by Head Office and the Operational Manual.
It is our mission to exceed guest expectations and provide Exceptional Experiences Every day.
Your prime duty is one of entertainment and customer care. It is implicit throughout your employment that you will act honestly and in good faith at all times, in the interest of the Company, both in taking care of and caring for its customers. It is important that the Cruise Entertainer establishes a good working relationship with our suppliers, such as the captain, hotel manager, ship staff, as well as liaising closely with various departments at Saga Head Office.
- Effective Collaboration Meet on a daily basis with the Cruise Director and other team members to discuss entertainment and activity requirements
- Entertainment Programme Produce an entertainment programme based on the cruise schedule prior to the cruise commencing that is approved by Cruise Director. Provide a varied programme of music and entertainment, to suit Saga’s guests, in liaison with the Cruise Director. Providing a minimum of 3 hours varied live performance in the evening for six days of seven in the week. Creating a full and varied daytime entertainment programme in co-ordination with the Cruise Director and Cruise Assistant
- Social Hosting Being a face of the Saga brand and a part of the on board Saga team. Supporting the Cruise Director in organising a balanced programme of duty and social hours to meet with our passengers throughout the day
- Welcome Meetings/Cocktail Parties Assist the Cruise Director to host a welcome meeting and cocktail party for customers.
- General Duties Assisting with other aspects of the programme, including, but not limited to accompanying excursions & transfers, hospital visits and embarkation and disembarkation
The Idea Candidate
- Experience in similar positions as an entertainer. Organisational and entertainment skills.
- Ability to provide a wide variety of music across many different decades and genres
- Vocal performance experience as well as at least one additional skill-based performance (eg. musical instrument or dancing)
- Accustomed to working away from home for consecutive months
- Customer service experience
- Experience working under pressure
- Experience working as part of a team
- Ability to act on and use own initiative
- Ability to establish good working relationship with suppliers
- Excellent level of verbal communicative skills
- Ability to assist in airport transfers, accompanying excursions and assisting with the day to day running of the cruise programme and any associated tasks as determined by the Cruise Director
Education and Qualifications
Education is important, but so is experience! We welcome applications from all ages who may have long left education but have transferrable job skills.
The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
Job Reference: saga/TP/101361/2727