This role will operate as a Learning and Development (L&D) partner to the Risk & Compliance teams at Starling Bank. The successful candidate will develop relationships across the business and will establish the team’s L&D needs. This role will also be responsible for all Risk & Compliance learning across Starling Bank. The role will work in partnership with the broader Talent & Learning team to design and deliver the learning as appropriate.
As the Risk & Compliance L&D Partner, you will be responsible for identifying training needs, developing and delivering specific training to our Risk & Compliance teams, as well Risk & Compliance training across the whole Bank.
The objective of this role is to support the various teams with the necessary training, knowledge and expertise to help manage Risk & Compliance across the bank.
- Identify Risk & Compliance training needs for both the team and bank wide.
- Design and develop training content to be delivered to the Risk & Compliance teams. This will involve system based training, i.e. how to use the tools to do the job as well as, content relating to broader risk issues.
- Develop the Risk & Compliance Training Plan incorporating different delivery models e.g. face to face, virtual, webinar, e-learning as required.
- Provide induction training for new members of staff as appropriate.
- Support the ongoing training needs for existing members of the team.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all members of the team receive relevant training and development to enable them to achieve their objectives
- Drive an ethos of continuous improvement, using data to identify opportunities for improvement – with a focus on operational efficiency, risk management including quality assurance.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training and make recommendations to help to deliver improvements
- Positively influence and contribute to the team culture, helping to motivate, and coach staff.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements by ensuring there is a robust record keeping process, ensure up to date records are maintained, and maintain accurate MI.
Risk & Compliance:
- Previous Risk & Compliance experience is desirable
- A good understanding of key regulatory requirements in financial services
- Good understanding of Risk & Compliance legislation as appropriate.
Learning & Development:
- Experience of working as an L&D partner, ideally in the Risk & Compliance space; identifying training needs, design and delivery of training content.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of delivering training content to large groups of people is essential.
- Familiar with technology to help produce content be it videos, e-learning, slides, other training material.
- Great stakeholder management and partnership skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Experience of coaching and mentoring individuals at a variety of levels
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, adapting to and leading people through change
- The ability to work proactively and be self sufficient
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deliver multiple workstreams and priorities
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.