Salary: £25000 – £25000
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Manager to join the Compass Group team at Darent Valley Hospital where you will be delivering fantastic quality of service in our Staff and Visitor restaurant.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced Manager to lead a motivated, well-trained team with the appropriate skills to deliver a profitable unit and ensure all budget targets and KPI’s are not just achieved but exceeded.
As a Unit Manager for our Wellspring Restaurant, you will be responsible for your team, ensuring you achieve and exceed sales targets whilst providing an excellent customer service experience.
On a day-to-day basis our restaurant Manager will plan, organise and control the busy catering operation ensuring a successful and efficient service is provided to staff and visitors within the hospital.
- Be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the restaurant to ensure great quality, consistent food and beverage services across the business
- Ensure that the service provided to the busy hospital is first class through training and motivating the team who work to strict compliance led regulations.
- Engage with your customers to understand performance and satisfaction levels, dealing quickly and professionally with concerns or complaints.
- Be responsible for the management, recruitment, development, and training of team members.
- Deliver on the agreed financial budget and run commercially in line with net income and cost targets.
- Ensure all client hospitality is delivered to the correct standard and look to up sell to increase revenue
Ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business, you’ll maximise your performance as well as the teams. Leading by example and setting high standards, you’ll enhance sales and provide our customers with great service.
This position is a great ‘next step’ for an established candidate having previous experience within a management capacity in a restaurant environment. You will be a person who is motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery and can get your head around the financial aspects of running the operation easily. Reporting to the Catering Manager, you will have the support to deliver this vital service to the hospital.
You will have:
- Great organisational skills and proven leadership ability.
- Exceptional people skills, both customer facing and with other members of the team.
- An ability to work calmly under pressure and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Strict adherence to company and health and safety procedures.
- Good IT skills
- Level 3 food safety qualification