Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for Relief Plant Supervisors to cover the West Midlands to join our exciting and rapidly expanding HS2 team.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plants across the West Midlands including:
- Wash Wood
- Chipping Warden
As well as regional travel, you will be responsible for:
- Instilling a culture of health and safety best practice by driving a culture of continuous improvement in the safety arena
- Delivering exceptional standards and performance, optimizing the production process and delivering a first-class customer service
- Overseeing the operations strategy of your site to ensure that labour resources are maximised to fulfil production & delivery requirements, and all management systems are adhered to
- Troubleshoot plant issues and identify areas for improvement, assisting with site maintenance as required.
- Manage daily finished goods collections and raw material deliveries to the site, ensuring all paperwork is correctly received and all dispatch tickets are correct.
- Monitor and investigate product failures, adjusting and/ or recommendations to improve performance.
- Supervise plant supervisors to ensure they are aware of, and comply with, all company policies and procedures, meet performance levels, and undertake training as required.
- Work closely with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to improve business performance
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- A willingness to learn, support and develop others through people supervision
- Proven supervisory/ leadership experience
- Operational experience in a manufacturing or factory environment with a proven track record of driving safety and operational KPI’s
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with good attention to detail
- The ability to motivate yourself to work independently and within a team
- Flexibility in your working approach as this role includes travel across the West Midlands
- Ideally experience in and knowledge of Ready-Mix Concrete operations
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/110/974