Are you a Multi Skilled Operative and eagerly looking for your next role? Then please read on………
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are recruiting for a Relief Plant – Multi Skilled Operative – Mobile to join the fantastic team at our Tarmac Readymix ‘RMX’ plant at Elstow, close to Bedford in Bedfordshire. The plant is easily accessible via most major road networks and commutable from Bedford, Kempston, Cranfield, Sandy, Milton Keynes, St Neots, Rushden, Letchworth Garden City, Bletchley, Northampton, Luton, Stevenage, Rushden Wellingborough and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Plant Supervisor. The Relief Plant – Multi Skilled Operative – Mobile will work on the day-to-day operations driving mobile plant and other site duties, you will work with the team to the site plan, you will ensure that stocks are maintained and replenished in good time.
Your responsibilities as the Relief Plant – Multi Skilled Operative – Mobile will include (not exhaustive):
- Operating Mobile Plant and mixing the Readymix ‘RMX’ using computers
- Operate across other RMX plants in the area
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Inspections on the plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
Previous experience working in a RMX / Asphalt / Plant / Quarry / Industrial Manufacturing environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate
The role is a Days position, flexibility is key with overtime is available to meet with our site’s production needs
The successful candidate must hold a FULL UK manual car driving license with no more than 6 penalty points
To succeed in the role of a Relief Plant – Multi Skilled Operative – Mobile the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Plant
- IT Literate
- Shovel License – highly desirable
- Good Timekeeping – flexible as to the site requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations
- Full UK manual car Driving Licence with no more than 6 penalty points
Salary: Competitive + Vehicle + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits Package
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47943/4915