Could you be a Sense Relief Support Worker?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Relief Support Worker to join our service in Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland
This is a relief/ casual role, with various shifts available. There will be a need for flexibility as the role does including working days, evenings and weekends.
You will join our fantastic team here at Carrickfergus where you will be supported and able to grow and develop within your role. As a Relief Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life that they choose; make choices, express themselves and live as independently as possible. You will aid the individuals to become active citizens of their community, to build relationships and friendships and help reduce isolation.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free Access NI Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- A full manual or automatic UK license and access to your own vehicle is desirable and a Business insurance is also a requirement.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties and supporting individuals with behaviours that challenge is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.