We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days annual leave per year, 28 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
The council is in the process of implementing a new pay structure and terms and conditions which will be applicable to this role. The outcome could result in a future variation to the advertised salary, and this will be discussed at interview.
About the role
Day to day, you will support the Registered Manager in providing leadership to all staff to deliver the highest quality of person-centred care within a safe working and living environment. You will liaise with the Multidisciplinary Team. You will ensure our residents are cared for in a way that promotes their dignity and independence.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for storage, handling and administration of medication in line with Professional and Legal responsibilities. Clinical responsibilities and support for people with nursing needs may include, but is not limited to, wound care, palliative care, catheterisation and catheter care, injections (including controlled drugs and insulin), nutrition, oxygen therapy and care at end of life. As the Nurse on duty, you’ll be given autonomy to work independently.
You will receive a supportive Induction and shadowing period. This will enable orientation to the service and relevant training to be completed.
You’ll need to have current NMC registration and up to date knowledge of clinical practices, regulatory frameworks, and guidelines as well as the ability to motivate and lead a team. Previous experience in a care home is not essential but you’ll need to be passionate about person centred care.
Ensuring high standards of care are always delivered, you’ll regularly assess, develop, implement and review individualised care plans for each of our residents to ensure all aspects of their wellbeing are met holistically.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.