At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Quarry Manager to join our team based at Swinden Quarry in Skipton.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires an experienced Aggregates Quarry Manager reporting to the Area Operations Manager you will have full responsibility covering quarrying and daily operations.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSE legislation, in particular the Quarries Regulations 1999.
- To develop and maintain the Quarries’ health and safety document in order to fully meet the QR requirements.
- Implement and ensure compliance with Tarmac health and safety systems / standards and best practices.
- Ensure that all work undertaken in the quarry is risk assessed and safe-working procedures put in place.
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are reported and fully investigated and corrective action taken as necessary.
- To lead and manage all Tarmac UK and contractor personnel working in the quarry areas, with safety as the key priority.
- Motivation, development and training of the quarry personnel and contractors to ensure they continue to meet the competency requirements.
- The development of the Quarry annual plan and budgets. Ongoing responsibility for the quarry cost control and forecasting.
- Responsible for all work undertaken in the Quarry including infrastructure.
- Project management of projects within the quarry within agreed timescales and budget.
- Apply all relevant Environmental legislation – EMS, EMAS and any additional requirements under PPC
- Ensuring that the quarry is operated within the scope of all leases, planning consents and conditions.
- Ensure good public relations are developed, all complaints fully investigated and maintained through open
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a quarry with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a section 8.1.c as evident by an up to date CPD record
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments and developing safe working procedures.
- Supervisory / management of personnel.
- Project management.
- Effective Budgeting and cost control
- Change Management Experience of building successful relationships with internal / external stakeholders, particularly with regard to PR and the local community
- Managing Teams / Team building and development of people
- Participation in “on call” rota with the Production team
Skills / Knowledge
- Education level preferred:
- Education level required Mining Engineering degree / Diploma in quarry technology / Foundation degree in
- NVQ level 4 in Health Safety and Environmental Management in Quarrying
- Registered and maintaining IoQ (Institute of Quarrying or other professional body) CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- NEBOSH certification.
- SHE NVQ Level 4 working towards level 6
- Level 4 Geotechnical
Location: Skipton, North Yorkshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/1230