Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Production Manager (Powders) to join our friendly team based in Ballidon.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Production manager, you will be an inspirational leader who leads a team to deliver operational and maintenance excellence at Tarmac’s industrial Calcium Carbonate Plant. You will be responsible for delivering all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) whilst fostering a continuous improvement and sustainable culture.
- Your team will lead the execution of the weekly production plan ensuring adherence to Safety, Environmental & Business policies within a 24/5 operation, whilst maintaining exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Define and lead the operational and maintenance strategy for the business, with safety, people and process at the centre.
- Coach and develop the team to maximise their strengths and develop weaknesses to create a high performing team.
- Deliver the industrial plants annual budget ensuring that all spend is efficient and allocate correctly.
- Manage the Powders operation in line with the ISO 9001 management system.
Develop and maintain CAPEX pipeline to drive continuous improvement, compliance with safety, environmental legislation and product quality.
Recruitment, development and retention of production and maintenance teams. Identifying and nurturing talent within the business.
The successful candidate for the role of Production Manager should be able to demonstrate previous Production Management experience, gained within heavy industrial operation with good operational, process and maintenance knowledge.
- Higher qualification in Engineering / Process discipline, suitable vocational equivalent, or demonstration of appropriate level of practical knowledge and experience.
- Can demonstrably show implementation and management of Key Performance Indicators.
- Demonstrable experience at an operational management level.
- Strong record of experience in SHE and quality management.
- Strong influencing and engagement skills.
- Able to use IT systems effectively
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Location: Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39518/4918