Are you looking for the next step in your career? Ready to breakthrough into a firm where you are supported and trusted to work autonomously and take ownership of your own client portfolio?
This is an opportunity to work in Cooper Parry’s fastest growing team, supporting Founders of complex, captivating and stimulating fast-growth technology business and exited Founders and investors in our ecosystem with their personal tax affairs.
You will play a pivotal role in providing impeccable Private Client Tax services to our clients, whilst working closely with the later stage Tech & High Growth, Wealth Management and Corporate Finance teams.
Reporting into the Partner of Early Stage, you will be commercially focused and client-centric, taking the time to liaise with Private Clients to ensure that all relevant personal tax, investments, tax incentives and wealth management information is gathered seamlessly, and effective insight is provided for optimisation strategies that could improve their position.
A day in the life of a Private Client Tax Manager…
- Review annual affairs that impact the individual’s tax position
- Review and carry out analysis on future plans for the individual (and family) and scope out tax planning and wealth management strategies that could be implemented
- Prepare annual self-assessment returns
- Prepare annual P&L for income, gains, losses, costs through the tax year
- Work independently whilst mentoring junior members
- Be active within the market, attending events, meeting with potential clients and winning business for the Private Client Tax team
- Prepare collateral and marketing material for clients
- P&L owner for the Private Client Tax Service division
What you’ll need…
- Qualified member of an accounting body, specifically ACCA, ACA, ATT or CTA
- Experience in private client tax compliance & advice
- Experience in independently completing and filing self assessment tax returns for Private Clients
- Effective time-management as you will be managing multiple stakeholders and projects simultaneously
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior members of the team
- A great communicator who excels at building strong and trusting relationships
- Extensive tax preparation software knowledge would be ideal
- Experience in closing commercial quotes with clients and managing the successful onboarding of new clients
What’s in it for you…
We’ve always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
Cooper Parry’s mindset is simple. We put our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then they do amazing work.
That’s why we offer things like:
- A streamlined, client-focused service free from unnecessary red tape
- Encouraged and entrusted to do what you do best
- Open holidays – take as much as you need
- No dress code – “Wear something!”
- A truly flexible approach to work – “Work from Anywhere. Anytime. Forever”
- Tailored training, development and career growth, empowering you to reach your goals
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme to help you with your physical, mental, spiritual and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities – community is a central part of our wellbeing programme
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about.
**We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.