At Ambito Education (part of Salutem), we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability.
Beaumont College offers both residential and day programmes in Lancaster with our satellite services offering day programmes delivered in Barrow, Blackpool, and Carlisle.
At Beaumont College we work as one team to make a difference in the lives of our students. Our aim is to enable students to take responsibility for their own lives in whichever form this takes.
All our college sites offer programmes for young people aged 18 to 25 with a broad range of physical and/or learning impairments. Students are offered a variety of specialist support from highly trained staff, working alongside our tutors.
Each student accesses an individual programme based on a combination of course choices that are tailored to meet individual needs and aspirations.
Are you an aspiring leader who is person centred and strives to provide the best opportunities for their student’s? Then please read on!
As college Principal, there is an expectation of enabling strategic leadership, operational oversight and providing direct support and guidance to the main college site, satellites, and growing projects. Throughout, ensuring outcomes are achieved to an outstanding level, retaining the uniqueness of each provision, and striving to increase engagement from local and surrounding LA's. As Principal there is accountable element to adhering to HR, H & S including risk management.
- To provide facilitative and inclusive management establishing and maintaining productive, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- To promote a culture of high standards and continuous improvement that values and empowers staff and encourages the staff team to maximise their potential through continuous learning whilst challenging under performance.
- To recruit, manage and develop educational and support staff within the Group HR and operational policies and procedures.
- To work seamlessly across departments or team boundaries in a collaborative and constructive manner to achieve the Group aims and KPI’s.
- To always work within the Group policies and procedures.
- To ensure all statutory requirements as defined by the DfES and other external bodies and achieve the highest inspection ratings possible.
- Provide dynamic leadership to the staff within The College and take the overall responsibility for the planning, budgeting, occupancy levels and resources.
- Share the vision and passion to work with colleagues to develop the commercial vision for the college and associated sites. Striving to diversify, celebrate current successes and secure revenue.
- To work positively with the Groups Governing Body to enable them to discharge their responsibilities effectively.
- To work positively with parents and any other key stakeholders to create strong relationships.
- To provide leadership, and development of the multi-disciplinary team, to deliver a responsive, high quality, outcome focused service to students, young people, their families, and partner agencies.
- To support and develop practice to ensure the unique offer of Beaumont College continues to be the first choice for parents and young people.
- To ensure that students’ educational, physical, and emotional needs are met in accordance with their individual plans.
- To ensure the provision takes full account of the requirement of the regulators and the commissioners.
- To support the active marketing of Beaumont College and any associated services
- To support the strategic development of the range of Beaumont College services.
- To devise and agree the school development plan and associated annual plans, based on the projected needs, financial forecasts, and overall Group strategy, including development of new services.
- To develop and lead Beaumont College in this transition to a new site where the college foundations will be set and future proofed for years to come.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
Our Core Values
- We are Supportive by promoting opportunities for everyone so they can reach their full potential
- We are very Ambitious to provide the best possible outcomes for the people who use our services and by seeking innovative ways in which to work with our students
- We are Loyal because we put the people that we support and our staff at the centre of everything we do, and we deliver on our promises. We also are committed to ensuring that our services are meeting the needs of all stakeholders
- We are Unique because we are ambitious and innovative about the diversity of the services that we provide without compromising quality
- We are Transparent by being open, honest, and fostering a culture of mutual respect. We promote a culture where we learn by our experiences, and we are committed to doing things better and setting the highest standards in what we do
- We are Engaging because we work in partnership with the people that we support, our staff and all our stakeholders
- We encourage everyone to experience a Meaningful life by being aspirational and by offering opportunities
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.