At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Plant Operator, to join our team at Meriden in the West Midlands at Tarmac.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Plant Operator, you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of running the concrete plant and servicing the local market. Duties will include:
- Carrying out daily safety, environmental and maintenance inspections
- Operating mobile and fixed plant
- Involvement in the strong culture of Health and Safety at the site to include HGV drivers, Technical staff, and other visitors.
- Manufacture a high-quality product for our customers Work Collaboratively with a ‘One Team’ mindset to deliver exceptional value to our customers.
- Continually look for ways to develop the site and drive performance through the Optimise initiative.
Will ideally posses:
- Knowledge of ready mixed concrete production or a willingness to learn, including the operational challenges that come with it
- Experience with the HIRA process, isolation procedures and permit system would also be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided.
Our people are the most important part of our business and it is important to us that we invest in their health and safety. Therefore, all new starters in operational roles will be invited to attend a 2 day corporate induction at The National Skills and Safety Park in Whitwell.
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/110/1935