Job Title: Photography Manager, Studio
Reports to: Senior Manager, Studio
Location: Photography Studio – Horseferry House 1
Organisation unit: Creative Media Department
SCOPE OF JOB:
The Studio provides a full photographic production service for various teams and departments within Burberry. From
scheduling product for photo shoots to retouching a wide variety of luxury fashion imagery for e-commerce and
A highly capable Photography Manager with experience in a high throughput studio environment. Responsibilities will include planning and execution of all aspects of photography operations including; Lighting, Equipment maintenance, Image Quality Control, Guideline Adherence, video and photography capture. Studio space management and upkeep. Creating guidelines with guidance from Art Direction – ensuring these are followed among freelance and permanent teams. Working closely with post production to ensure the best technical outputs available. Approve daily all product photography imagery produced within the photo studio to be presented to styling. Closely collaborate with production and wider teams on improving processes, capabilities and efficiency of the photo studio. This role will provide creative and technical support for photography teams within our studio to accomplish financial objectives while meeting service/quality requirements and creating a high performing, high brand-standard operation. Reporting into the Production Manager you will help support the goals of the organization to maintain and expand the business whilst meeting/exceeding internal client expectations. Due to a deadline-driven nature the photo studio is a constantly-operating, fully-booked business versus a project-oriented or agency-driven business. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships. They will act as point of contact with vendor partners, freelance and contract personnel. The Studio provides photographic services to other areas of the business, from Digital Commerce, Client Engagement, Marketing, Press and Internal Communications.
● Still Life Fashion Photography
● Studio Model Photography
● Studio lighting (flash and constant)
● Shooting tethered
● Industry-standard software knowledge, including Capture One and Photoshop.
● Proven track record of working to studio agreed KPIs.
● Confident taking feedback and direction
● Operate effectively under pressure
● Creative but also able to follow defined guidelines accurately.
● Management of photography equipment
● Management of the Studio Photographers including:
o Resource management including Holiday Approval, Delegation for non-ecommerce shoots
o Objective Setting and Quarterly / Year end Reviews
o Technical development
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
● Improved quality, consistency and deadline oriented turnaround for E-commerce and Third party
● Streamlined communication within Studio.
● Improved workflow and productivity resulting in profitability.
● Successful growth and training of in-house team
● Best in class for Luxury sector
● Adapting to new creatives with minimal loss of productivity Digital Commercial Targets
● Elevated Product story shoots – 60 Product per month in line with Digital Merchandising key investments
● Reactive Content shoots – 12 Creative sets per year that will react to unexpected bestsellers or VIP dressing
● Localised Product content – 12 Creative sets per year covering Region specific content / bestsellers
● Styling Videos – Informative / Aspirational ways of wearing videos on how to style Burberry products
● 500 Videos a year – Elevated creative videos that can be used across digital channels
● Experience working for a high profile fashion brand preferable – E-commerce experience/working in a fast paced environment.
● Experience managing a team within a studio environment.
● Advanced content and digital asset management experience
● Experience managing stock inventory and vendor/supplier orders
● Ability to work well within a team
● Excellent Team Player.
● Flexible approach to work.
● Ability to work to tight deadlines.
● Positive attitude to resolving problems.
● Ability to work well to deadlines and under pressure
● Proactive and able to take initiative
● Detail oriented and creative