Are you a great facilitator, coach, and consultant, passionate about developing people and culture?
Do you lead the way with forward-thinking approaches?
If yes, read below to see how you could be part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory – and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year in recent years – with more opening all the time.
We are also developing new routes to market for our products in the UK and overseas. These rapid growth areas include franchise operations and wholesale agreements with major retailers in the UK and Australia.
We are now looking to strengthen our existing People Development Team and are recruiting a People Development Partner
Working Location: Based out of our Support Centre in Wakefield, with national travel as needed and home-based working.
Scope and purpose of role
To support the Head of People Development to plan and implement a wide range of activity to deliver key talent and engagement initiatives across Card Factory.
Reporting to the Head of People Development,
Key responsibilities will include:
Learning and Development
- Deliver our business wide learning offer mapped to talent management strategies, offering a multi-channel and blended approach.
- Co-design and embed career pathways to support people development across all areas of the business.
- Support use of Apprenticeship Levy effectively in alignment with talent management strategies.
- Implement and embed reflective practice and personal development planning to promote self-directed learning across all areas of the business, aligned to performance management.
- Use and interrogate data to inform approaches, measure success, and ensure a constant alignment to performance and business strategy
- Implement and embed the leadership behaviour framework in all activity.
- Design and deliver learning interventions for people managers, including coaching and developing coaching skills in others.
- Work closely with HRBPs and Senior Leaders to review and deliver leadership development programme(s) to support career pathways.
- Engage all stakeholders in the use of digital tools and spaces for learning, including maximising the use of our Learning Pool site
- Create and deliver digital content ensuring design is fit for purpose, with a user experience design focus.
- Support the maintenance, improvement and administration of the LMS.
Stakeholders and Suppliers
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, primarily HR Business Partners, to ensure People Development partnering activity is effective across all areas of the business
- Engage and maintain relationships with external suppliers and consultants as required, leveraging external perspectives and expertise to support our internal People Development proposition.
Wellbeing, Diversity and Inclusion
- Ensure that all People Development activity and content is inclusive and accessible, and adheres to the principles of our Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
- Hold a Level 4 in Learning and Development or equivalent, in qualification or experience;
- Demonstrate a high level of self-awareness and know how to develop this in others;
- Have excellent facilitation and presentation skills to engage and inspire colleagues to participate fully in learning and development activity;
- Be competent and creative in using digital solutions;
- Be experienced and effective in end to end learning and development, including consultancy/partnering, needs analysis, design, and capability improvement;
- Ability to develop effective relationships and manage stakeholders across multiple business areas and levels;
- Have coaching skills and experience of coaching others to support individual development, and experience developing coaching skills in others;
- Commitment to continued professional development; role modelling self-directed learning and keeping up to date with learning and development approaches.
Up to £35,000 dependent on skills and capability plus benefits package