Salary: £6.56 – £8.91
Shift hours: Full Time
To provide a sustainable service support role to kitchen porter, domestic assistant and ward assistant. Offering an adaptable, flexible, varied skill set and delivering a high level of service in all areas.
- To assist in the preparation, delivery and serving of patient food.
- To provide a high quality, helpful, courteous beverage and meal service to meet patients’ needs whilst maintaining a clean and hygienic environment.
- Follow a cleaning schedule and carry out duties to uphold a high level of infection prevention throughout all areas of the hospital.
- Assist with the receipt and delivery of provisions for the patient food service.
- Ensure good personal hygiene practices and present in a clean and tidy manner.
- Check and record of temperatures related to the appropriate task.
- Observe correct use and care of equipment is maintained and defects and faults are reported in accordance with procedures.
- To assist with associated catering stores activities
- Any other reasonable management request.
- Basic food hygiene
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Experience with cleaning and Infection control awareness
- High level of customer care
- The ability to organise day to day tasks or activities
- The ability to prioritise as the role requires.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be approachable and friendly
- Confidence to fill in documentation related to procedures and record keeping
The individual must hold the ability to be versatile within the role and able to adapt to different tasks within different departments and with different teams.
Location: Shrewsbury, England