We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life.
As our customer numbers continue to grow, so does our need to hire fantastic people to serve them. Our customer onboarding team members are our greatest asset – representing Starling to the people, and businesses, that rely on us to help manage their financial lives. As a Business Customer Onboarding Specialist, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our customers have a great first experience with us, opening personal or business current accounts.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We enable our customers to manage their money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whenever they need us, we will be there. At the moment we are looking for people who can commit to overnight weekend shifts, 37.5 hours a week working Friday – Monday between 9pm and 7.30am.
The Business Customer Onboarding Specialist responsibilities within our Onboarding team includes:
- Ensuring the smooth and timely processing of a high number of new account applications daily.
- Performing due diligence and investigations on High risk applications. Including High risk industries, complex corporate structures, PEPs and sanction matches
- Training and coaching new starters into the Onboarding team; providing ongoing support to junior members of the team
- Identifying trends and unusual activity, and reporting where appropriate.
- Taking ownership and accountability of the end to end process and delivering enhancements where necessary.
- Coordinating with key stakeholders across the business on a daily basis including deputising for Team Leader
- Business customer onboarding experience within a financial institution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Inquisitive – the ability to research and make an informed decision
- Ability to balance workload and deal with multiple priorities.
- Aptitude to work with a team in a changing environment.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. We know that our bank is only as good as the people who build it. From customer support and engineering to marketing and business development, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.