Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
The Operational Excellence team is responsible for identifying, implementing and managing strategic work streams of improvements. The role focuses on pinpointing root cause and collaborate across the business to reach the best solution for our Customers and our colleagues.
This role will close on Tuesday 29th August.
- Managing work streams end to end; from identifying the issue, designing the solution through to implementation.
- Data analysis to identify trends, root cause analysis and issues.
- Acting as Operations lead on a number initiatives and coordinating with the rest of the business areas to shape and influence the delivery of change.
- Helping to define and execute the operational strategy to support our growth.
- Ability to design the appropriate solution to fix an issue.
- Create operating models, processes and controls for all aspects of Operations.
- Undertaking regular reviews of process/guidance documents. Engaging with relevant parties across the business to ensure that documents are up to date and giving the right information.
- Reviewing & maintaining Confluence pages and other sources of information on a regular basis.
- Work to ensure that changes and updates are clearly communicated in a timely manner.
Behaviours & Competencies:
- A self starter who takes initiative
- Passionate for customer service and process improvement.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence up at a senior level
- Ability to work in a fast paced organisation, in an environment where things change regularly.
- A positive can-do attitude, and experience with collaborating and engaging with stakeholders across the organisation.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with the design and implementation of policies and processes that have been scalable.
- A background in creating & delivering messages to wide audiences would be beneficial.
- Strong analytical skills
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
About us:You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.