The Orchard House family are recruiting!
Orchard house is a beautiful bungalow on a residential street in the outskirts of Bedford, they have a lovely park with bridal tracks and a small wood just across the road! This home helps support children and young people to overcome their daily challenges to empower them to live a life they love.
Everyday is different, one day we might be baking and gardening and the next day we might need to spend a day working with a young person to understand how to communicate their emotions safely.
One staff member said “I spend a lot of time at work and it feels like my home from home with friends and family around me supporting me and the young people!” We celebrate all things big and small and we grow as a team alongside our young people. Whether we’re dancing, doing yoga, practising self care, or even keeping the home clean – we celebrate it all, letting the young people here know they are on track and doing well.
We've got fun things covered too! Watering the garden, crafts, messy play, playing with jelly slime, painting outdoor furniture, listening to music and signing Christmas carols in the middle of summer in the blazing hot sun are just a few activities you can expect here at Orchard House…
Now we've shared a glimpse of what it's like to work for us, let us introduce ourselves. We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres. Our dedicated support teams empower individuals to overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose.
Each day will be different, and the main focus of your role is to provide daily support to children and young people in our residential services. It’s definitely not a normal 9-5, you can work days, nights, and flexible shifts too. Talking of ‘dream’ jobs, some of our shifts are sleep-ins!
We want the best for everyone we support and that's what makes us a family. If you have the ability to support someone to feel at home, be their true self, and do what makes their heart happy – we want to hear from you. This is a meaningful role and will suit someone who is looking to make a difference and make memories and friends to last a lifetime.
We know our staff put 100% into building brighter futures for the individuals we support. That's why we offer career progression no matter where you start in the organisation. Your progress here will be regularly reviewed and as you gain expertise your rate of pay will increase. We believe in creating a Career from Care and we want the support workers we recruit now to become our managers of the future!
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– £75 cost of living bonus – We’re supporting our team with a monthly pre-tax bonus when they need it most.*
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
– Perkbox – Get over 200 exclusive perks and discounts, plus wellbeing and wellness content.
– Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation.
So if you have a brilliant sense of humour, you can see the bright side of a situation, and you’re willing to share some good times with young people who need someone to help them through a tricky time – have a think about joining our work family and make a difference to someone's life.
Please note, due to Ofsted regulations you must be aged 23 or above to be considered for this role.