Are you a Multi Skilled Operative looking for your next permanent role? Then read on as we may just have the role for you here at Tarmac…….
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Multi Skilled Operative to join our fantastic team based at our Alrewas Landfill site, near Burton-on-Trent Staffordshire. The site is easily accessible and is close to Burton-on-Trent, Tamworth, Lichfield, Burntwood, Cannock, Rugeley, Swadlincote, Woodville, Fazeley, Shenstone, Yoxall, Branston, Uttoxeter, Hilton, Tutbury, Beam Hill and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Duties of the Multi Skilled Operative will include the day-to-day operations of our weighbridge with occasional mobile and fixed plant to support plant work. The role is to operate the weighbridge safely to support meeting process demands. Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard.
Your role will include (not exhaustive):
- Assist the supervisor with meeting daily targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Acting on defects and raise awareness for remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised within your role
- Housekeeping across the site to provide optimum production
Please note this is a DAY shift role Monday – Friday along with OT available to meet with the site processes
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- ESSENTIAL – IT Literate
- Previous experience working a weighbridge would prove highly beneficial
- Knowledge of landfill operations would prove highly beneficial
- Good Timekeeping – Flexible as to the sites manufacturing requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Full UK manual car Driving Licence with no more than 6 penalty points
Previous experience as a Multi Skilled Operative working in a Landfill / Heavy Plant / Quarrying / Industrial Manufacturing environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
Location: Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/111/4852