Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Operative – Surfacing Level 4 to join our friendly Surfacing team working on the National Pavement Solutions business This role will be based from our Alrewas site, near Burton-on-Trent Staffordshire and you will be required to travel across the assigned region and further across the UK; dependant of current works requirements.
The role is easily accessible from Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Walsall, Redditch, Wolverhampton, Nuneaton, Dudley, Sutton Coldfield, Bromsgrove, Tamworth and surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Surfacing Foreperson/Supervisor, the Multi Skilled Operative – Surfacing Level 4 will work on the day-to-day operations working alongside the Surfacing Foreperson ensuring that all objectives and targets are achieved leading to the successful overall delivery of the project. You will work with the team to the site plan, you will ensure that stocks are maintained and replenished in good time.
Your responsibilities as the Multi Skilled Operative – Surfacing Level 4 will include (not exhaustive):
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and operations meet with the planned project f works
- Operating Surfacing Plant on site
- Assist the Foreperson/Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Inspections on the plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
You must be able to travel across the region of work, this could be local or the entire UK – overnight accommodation will be arranged for you
A vehicle is provided with this role
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and product knowledge skills.
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative – Surfacing Level 4 the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- You will have worked within a similar role within the Paving, Pavements and Surfacing industry
- Knowledge of on-site Health and Safety policies and procedures associated with the role
- Good Timekeeping – flexible as to the site requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
Previous experience as a Multi Skilled Operative – Surfacing Level 4 working with RCC (Roller Compacted Concrete), CBGM (Cement Bound Granular Materials) and Foam Asphalt environment would prove beneficial in this role, although not essential.
- CSCS card
- Full UK Driving Licence with no more than 6 points
- Manual Handling
- Have a flexible approach to location and shift patterns in accordance with needs of the business
- CPCS Plant Operators qualifications
- First Aid Training & Mental Health First Aid Training
Salary: Competitive + OT + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/3021