Are you an experienced Multi Skilled Operative with a Loading Shovel Licence? If so, then read on as we may just have the role for you………
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled Operative to join our fantastic team at our Shoreham Wharf Marine Aggregates site in Brighton. The site is easily accessible from towns such as Brighton, Hove, Shoreham-by-Sea, Saltdean, Peacehaven, Newhaven, Seaford, Eastbourne, Polegate, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Crawley, Horsham, Worthing, Storrington, Horsham and surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Reporting directly to Site Manager. The Multi Skilled Operative will work on the day-to-day operations driving mobile plant and other site duties, you will work with the team to the site plan, you will ensure that all stocks are maintained and replenished in good time along with working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard.
Your responsibilities will include (not exhaustive):
- Operating Mobile Plant on site
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Inspections on the plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
Flexibility and adaptability are key to this role with Overtime available to meet with the sites production requirements
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- ESSENTIAL – Loading Shovel License
- Knowledge of Aggregate Operations
- Good Timekeeping – flexible as to the sites operating requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile and plant operations – highly desirable
- Full UK manual car Driving Licence with no more than 6 penalty points
Previous experience as a Multi Skilled Operative working in a Plant / Quarry / Heavy Manufacturing environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
Salary: Competitive Salary + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Brighton, East Sussex, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47943/4514