Morning/Evening Support Worker (residential)
Salary/Rate: £9.70 – £10.95/hour
Term Time only (39 weeks). Permanent Part-time role. Monday-Thursday, minimum 16 hours/week
(variable shifts available between 6.30am – 10.30am and 3.30pm – 9.30pm)
Based at Ingfield Manor School, Billingshurst, RH14 9AX
Ingfield Manor School is an established special school based near Billingshurst, West Sussex, for students aged 3-19 years with neurological motor impairments such as cerebral palsy and associated sensory and medical needs. Our provision includes day and residential services, based in our own idyllic grounds.
At Ingfield Manor School, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults, young people and children.
We are currently recruiting Support Workers to join our team supporting the needs of our students in our residential provision in the evenings or early mornings, Monday to Thursday, term time only. For all posts you should have a related level 3 qualification, or the willingness to acquire it ‘on the job’ and be experienced in working with children or young people.
• To assist residents with night time / evening routines, (getting into bed) as well as their getting up routines.
• Make 15-minute routine checks on the residents through the night and attend to their night time requirements (e.g personal care).
• Routine laundry and hygiene / light domestic tasks will be fitted in between bedroom checks
• Complete appropriate paperwork, such as night logs and wellbeing records before going off duty.
• Liaise with evening and early morning duty staff to include a formal handover, to ascertain any specific problems which need to be noted and acted upon.
• Ensure the physical environment is maintained to high standards of safety, hygiene, and presentation.
• Provide good standards of physical and emotional care.
• The work involves the physical facilitation of pupils/students and the moving of furniture and equipment
Ingfield Manor School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Any successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.