We are Eden Futures, and we deliver exceptional support services for people aged 18 and over who have learning disabilities, autism, mental ill health and associated complex needs.
Successful candidates will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment.
- Carry out routine scheduled maintenance and general repair work. This includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- General maintenance such as small garden works, removal of furniture and equipment and the occasional clearing of excess rubbish.
- Painting and decorating.
- Basic plumbing duties – leaking taps, repairs to toilet cisterns, components etc.
- Fitting of cupboards, installing furniture, fitting shelves, hanging curtains and blinds etc.
- PAT testing (training will be provided) where required.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to requests for repairs to specified properties as directed by the Lead Maintenance Technician who will work with you to advise of scheduled tasks and priorities.
- Accountable for the use and maintenance of tools provided by the company.
- Interact respectfully with service users and staff within any service and ensure that your work is carried out in a way that creates the least disruption.
- From time to time work flexible hours to suit the needs of the Company.
- Liaise with outside contractors including electricians, gas fitters, builders, roofers etc.
- Be aware of the company Health & Safety Policy and ensure that any requests concerning issues, which may prove a danger to others if left unattended, are addressed as a priority. Report any urgent matters that cannot be remedied to the Lead Maintenance Technician or, in his absence, to the Director of Quality.
- Carry out on-call duties if and when applicable.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all paperwork and electronic information, including job sheets/requests and ensure this is passed to the appropriate person in a timely manner and in support of the efficient running of the department.
- Keep up to date records of all purchases on account in the Company’s name (e.g., Trade or Credit Card purchases).
- Provide up to date accounts and receipts of all purchases on account in the Company’s name to the Property Administrator.
- Undertake training as determined by the company which will include both courses relevant to the specific role and to the wider work of the company.
- Very rarely, overnight stays will be required.
- Ensure the company values are understood and represented in the work carried out.
- Responsible for own Health & Safety in respect of activities undertaken during duty
The Ideal Candidate
Essential experience and skills:
- Evidenced experience of working successfully in a related discipline
- Experience and aptitude for completing general repairs and maintenance
- Effective communication skills
- IT Skills sufficient to interact with the company maintenance workflow system
- A Full UK Driving License
- Clear Enhanced DBS
- Strong customer-service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and willing to carry out a variety of tasks both as a team member and as a lone worker.
- Willing and able to embrace new ideas.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within differing contexts.
- Reliable and takes pride in work undertaken.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomy with initiative within the company guidelines and procedures.
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks to a deadline.
About the Company
Eden Futures is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide a high-quality service that empowers Service Users to lead normal lives, and to be the provider of choice.
We are proud to have the Advanced (Gold) Investors in People (IIP) standard, which put us in the top 2% of organisations internationally that are part of IIP!