At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Mobile Maintenance Fitter to join our team based at Tarmac Cloddach Sand and Gravel Quarry, Elgin, near Inverness. This role will also support our other Tarmac sites in Keith, Lossiemouth and Inverness. The role is therefore easily accessible from Elgin, Forres, Kinloss, Lossiemouth and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Quarry Manager, the Mobile Maintenance Fitter will be responsible for:
- Carrying out scheduled planned and reactive mechanical maintenance activities at Cloddach Quarry and other Tarmac sites in the area to maintain plant condition and performance to support the delivery of the weekly production schedules
- Monitoring and maintaining condition and performance of the various plant equipment and identify any circumstances that could result in an impact on availability or performance while supporting the Quarry Manager to meet defined KPI targets
- Carrying out mechanical activities safely and ensuring jobs are completed in a timely manner and leading mechanical breakdown and planned repairs to ensure expected plant reliability and to optimise plant and equipment performance
- As Mobile Maintenance Fitter you will also be working at/supporting other Tarmac sites in Keith, Lossiemouth and Inverness
- Ensuring most effective mean time to repair methods are adopted to minimise production disruption and downtime
The ideal candidate for the role of Mobile Maintenance Fitter will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a Mobile Maintenance Fitter as well as:
- Good knowledge of crushing, screening, conveying, hydraulic and pneumatic systems required
- Fault finding ability to identify defects and recommend appropriate action
- Good practical knowledge and experience of maintenance systems required
- Ability to assess SHE risks arising from work activities and control risks accordingly
- Knowledge of site-specific SHE procedures and Safe Working Practices
- Working knowledge of plant and machinery
- Proven evidence of using own initiative
- Able to work part as a team
- Happy to support other Tarmac sites in Keith, Lossiemouth and Inverness
- Fabrication skills advantageous
Salary: Excellent Salary + Overtime + Benefits + Bonus
Location: Elgin, Morayshire, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/65533/3379