At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering Supervisor (Mechanical Execution Engineer) to join our friendly team at Dunbar Cement Plant.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of Mechanical Engineering Supervisor you will be responsible for:
Ensure completion of mechanical maintenance tasks with the highest level of safety and quality whilst providing professional engineering service.
Improve and deliver preventative and predictive maintenance regimes, whilst balancing the requirement of emergent work.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the supervision, inspection and execution of the Mechanical Maintenance in the section of the Dunbar plant.
As a key member of the team, you will be instrumental in the future development and reliability programme here at the site.
The applicant will manage and motivate a maintenance team, and ensure communication and alignment with other functions and the wider teams.
The ideal candidate for the role of Mechanical Engineering Supervisor will have experience of:
- HNC/ HND or Degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience
- IOSH managing safely or NEBOSH is desirable
- 3 years Mechanical experience in Cement or other related Continuous Process Heavy Industry.
- Good Knowledge of the Cement Manufacturing process or other related Continuous Heavy Industry.
- In-depth knowledge of practical engineering operations
- Technical knowledge of preventive, predictive and systematic maintenance (databases, CMMS, Project Software)
- Safety rules and regulations (inc. LOTOTO)
- Computer literacy, including Task planning and Microsoft Project desirable
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Location: Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39518/4910