At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As Maintenance Engineer you will work with the engineering and facilities team in servicing our equipment at Burberry’s Castleford Factory. You will learn how to perform required servicing to machinery and support the development of maintenance strategies.
- Maintain and carry out planned, preventative maintenance and trouble-shooting on a variety of machinery
- Make decisions on machine types and settings for style and fabric changes
- Perform required maintenance service as described in equipment manuals
- Maintain maintenance tools and work shop
- Support site projects and initiatives within the engineering department
- Ensure that you contribute to and control maintenance costs
- Highly organised, have good communication skills and attention to detail
- Confident with IT
- Enthusiastic individual keen to learn and progress, with a curious and proactive
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work well in team situations
- Proactive approach to their work and high attention to detail
- Methodical approach to new tasks and problems
- Helpful and friendly approach is essential
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.