Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Electrician (Plant) o join our team based at Tarmac Bredbury Asphalt Plant in Stockport, Greater Manchester. Working 48hrs week Monday to Friday plus overtime (weekends and night shifts). This role is easily accessible from Oldham, Bolton, Blackburn, St Helens, Warrington, Chester, Crewe, Stoke on Trent, Macclesfield, Huddersfield and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the role of Maintenance Electrician (Plant) will be responsible for undertaking plant maintenance, repairs and improvements to ensure maximum reliability of all plant associated areas and to assist team members in all aspects of plant operation.
Your responsibilities as the Maintenance Electrician (Plant) will include:
- Respond to plant breakdowns, when necessary and be responsible for the correct and efficient repair of equipment keeping downtime to a minimum with timely and safe adherence to the maintenance plan whilst complying to all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental standards
- Continue to improve plant performance whilst maintaining safety, maintenance and asset reliability
- Contribute to the in-house development of the Computer Maintenance Management System
- In support of the maintenance and operations functions, you will utilise documents, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated guidelines for the safe and efficient maintenance of equipment within the Electrical Engineering department as appropriate
The idea candidate for the role of Maintenance Electrician (Plant) will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work with minimal supervision. You should also demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment.
Suitable candidates for the role of Maintenance Electrician (Plant) will have:
- Level 3 Apprentice trained Electrician and ONC/NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Engineering
- 17th Edition – BS7671 I.E.E Regulations and Legislation as a minimum (18th Edition preferred)
- Testing & Inspection qualification (preferred)
- Experience of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) methodology and Continuous Improvement
- Working knowledge of relevant electrical and control engineering maintenance principles and practices, and experience of working in a relevant heavy engineering industry
- Working knowledge and experience of Industrial Low Voltage power distribution systems
- Good working understanding of PLC’s and use of associated tools and techniques for interrogation of software
- Knowledge and understanding the operation of AC Drives and Motors
- Knowledgeable in the area of Predictive Maintenance
- Experience in working with a Computer Maintenance Management System
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode & Effect Analysis tools/techniques
- Ability to design simple electrical systems and draw schematic diagrams then transfer the information into practical use
- Ability to perform electrical statutory tests and inspections and understand safe use of electrical test and measuring instruments
- An understanding of mechanical systems including hydraulics and pneumatics and understand National and International codes and symbols used on drawings and specifications
- Ability to learn Health and Safety rules applicable to each department regarding their own and other operators’ safety
Salary: Excellent Salary + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Stockport, Cheshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/4581