Join our Croydon Community Services team!
We support adults with learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities in their own homes in Croydon, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and reach their full potential as they live their best lives. We support adults to have the opportunities to live an independent lifestyle and the chance to develop and practice independent living skills.
Salutem Supported Living Central (London and Croydon) provides supported living services to adults living in their own homes across Romford, Hornchurch, Eltham, Kidbrook and at Speakers Court in Croydon
Salutem gives the people we support the opportunity to live an independent lifestyle and the chance to develop and practice independent living skills. Individual support is also provided.
The role of a Team Leader in Salutem supported living, is to be responsible and accountable for number of services, where the people we support may live together in a shared house as a group of individuals, or where they might choose to live alone.
This role is to ensure the smooth day to day running of each service, to ensure that the people we support are supported to live their best life, and where our staff are enabled to deliver great person-centred care and support. You will support the locality manager to ensure that the services meet the regulations, and contractual compliance, deputising in the managers absence
You won’t have to do this alone; you will oversee a team of Senior Support Workers and Support Workers and you will be supported by Salutem Shared Services. (Which includes Quality,, Human Resources, Finance and Business Development). Your Locality Manager will also be on hand!
With the ability to travel across London, this role will involve time off rota as well as working directly with the people we support and the teams- ensuring that we are delivering great things. There will also be regular travel to our office in Croydon, where you will access training, spend time with your peers, and attend location meetings.
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker – you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
· Key Worker status
· Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
· Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
· Training/Qualification Opportunities – (mention specific courses/qualifications they can get while in the role if applicable) In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
· Internal progression opportunities – We're committed to supporting your learning and upskilling and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
· Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
· Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
· Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
If you're looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply now!