Salary: £9.69 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
A great opportunity to join our passionate Linen team on a temporary basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting as a Linen Porter.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
Responsible for the linen department within the hospital this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas throughout your shift with main duties to include:
- To undertake the checking/packing of clean stock received on a daily basis.
- Replenishing stocks at ward level, receiving deliveries of stock from outside contractor and collection of dirty linen when required.
- To ensure all duties are carried out in line with Health and Safety requirements and compliance with Trust policies and procedures.
- To adopt good customer relations and provide a high quality service.
- To ensure the linen services department is kept secure at all times
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Awareness of high patient cares standards
- Must have a ‘Can do’ attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- Previous experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer