Shift Hours: Up to 30 Hours – 0
Learning Support Worker
Up to 30hrs Available
£10.42 per hour (£16,255 per annum for part time)
Unlock your potential by joining our team as a Learning Support Worker at Regent College.
Regent College, founded in 1999, provides specialist education for young people from 16 – 25 years old. As a small, non-residential, independent specialist college based in Stoke on Trent, we provide a safe and supportive environment for young people who have complex learning needs, with associated challenging behaviours, to acquire the life skills and levels of independence they will need when they leave college.
We know the amazing and life changing work our Staff do every day for the people we support, which is why we offer:
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within.
- Ability to complete your Level 3 in Learning Support Practitioner.
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral.
The Role of a Learning Support Worker:
- To work as a Key Worker to allocated learner, both within college and in the community.
- To support the delivery of high-quality individual programmes of education for young people with a range of learning and physical disabilities.
- To support and maximise learning, independence, and wellbeing in order to enable learners to achieve aspirational and personalised outcomes for life after college.
- To provide good personal support for learners promoting self-advocacy enabling them to develop their independence in an adult world.
- To work with learners and a range of professionals to support the delivery of an innovative, bespoke, curriculum provision for learners.
- To maintain professional records, to meet college and course requirements.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to equality to ensure we develop a community which celebrates and values diversity.
- Work alongside “Ofsted” regulations.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
This position is subject to appropriate vetting procedures including an enhanced criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.