Salary: £36000 – £40000
Shift hours: Full Time
£36,000-£40,000 pa dependent on experience
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about quality as we are and you want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity to grow and develop. We are an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
Hours: Full time-35 hours per week Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
About the role
The L&D Manager will oversee and manage our training function across our care led business. They will develop and oversee a dedicated team of regional trainers to ensure all of our carers and employees have the necessary skills to fulfil their role and legislative requirements. The L&D Manager will ensure all L&D needs within the business are met, across all staff groups, enabling individuals to provide services of the highest quality. Whilst the role primarily supports our Proffesional Carer pathways, they will also be responsible for our branch, clinical and head office employees.
Reporting to Head of Operations your role will include:
- Develop a solid understanding of the business needs and create an L&D Strategy and action plan to address the needs
- Creating training programmes that are aligned with the organisation’s objectives and national training requirements
- Building strong external relationships
- Working closely with various leaders across the organisation and having a full understanding of their units and training requirements
- Embracing different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, tutorial sessions or coaching
- Managing the allocated budget and an ability to find solutions in order to implement the required training
- Prepare feedback and reports on L&D, projects, targets and accomplishments
- Working with Operations and HR to support the development of staff, enhancing the provider status and securing staff in their career development
- Ensuring training remains in line with regulatory and statutory training standards
- Help managers develop their team members through career pathing
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Work with subject matter experts to develop content of all of our training
- Continuous development of induction programmes and supporting heads of department with new head office roles joining the company
- Support the training coordinator with queries from branches
- Reviewing and implement new inductions across the organisation
- Ensure the care certificate and standard entry routes are reviewed and of a high quality
- Review our full training offering to streamline and improve efficiencies
- Liaising with partners and external companies to review our E-Learning offering that offers better technical integration that meets the needs of the business
- Ensure adequate use of our Levy and ensure we are optimising our allocations
We are looking for:
- Education in teaching award/CIPD/CTP or equivalent qualification will be highly advantageous
- Experience in the health or care sector
- Experience of managing a team in a Regional/National role
- Experience of providing training solutions in a wide variety of delivery methods
- Strong communication, organisational and planning skills
- Full UK driving licence is essential
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values
Closing date: Thursday 13th May
Looking to take on an exciting new career challenge in a fast-paced environment? Apply online today and we will be in touch within 48 hours to start your journey with Prestige Nursing & Care.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 13th May 2021. Prestige Nursing & Care reserve the right to close a role at anytime.
Location: Epsom, England