Salary: £10.5 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting a dedicated Kitchen Porter to help ensure the smooth running of the kitchen at The Venues Collection on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Kitchen Porter, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of customer care and cleanliness. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Great things happen when people get together in our spaces to meet, spaces to sleep and spaces to celebrate at Milton Hill House. From leisure breaks, weddings and celebrations to conferences, meetings, training, and every business event in between our venue provides an informal atmosphere where you and our guests can be themselves.
We combine our spaces with a bigger family. Milton Hill House is part of The Venues Collection – a division of Compass Group UK & Ireland, the market leader in contract catering & support services.
Could you bring your spark to The Venues Collection? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the kitchen is always kept at a high standard of cleanliness
- Working quickly to prepare fresh food in a busy kitchen
- Guaranteeing our chefs have everything they need to make our fresh dishes
- Preparing perfectly blended drinks and serving high-quality food that delights our customers
- Being an enthusiastic team player
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
Our ideal Kitchen Porter will:
- Be adaptable and easily embrace changing priorities
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Have experience delivering high quality customer care
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, we are a grouping of seven easily accessible event spaces with hotel-like residential and leisure facilities, which all sit under the brand name The Venues Collection. Located across the UK, our venues all feature stylish and individual event spaces, including both contemporary and historic meeting areas. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK’s biggest businesses.Every day, our teams of passionate hospitality professionals strive for excellence in delivering employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK’s leading workplace as well as inspiring exceptional experiences in iconic cultural and heritage destinations.
Job Reference: com/2609/94176001/52517315/BU #LI-DNP
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.