Location: Silk Street, London,
The Barbican is one of London’s most iconic buildings in the heart of the City and an incredible backdrop for all types of events, from meetings to elaborate weddings.
If you are looking for a unique venue away from the hustle and bustle of the City, The Barbican Conservatory provides a botanical oasis famous for its cascading plants, high glass roof and tranquil fish pools making it a wonderful space to entertain guests.
As a Kitchen Manager for the Barbican Bar & Grill you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 38 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
- Discount off overnight stays in London
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer / give back to the charity of your choice
Searcys @ Barbican Bar & Grill is looking to appoint a Kitchen Manager for this location.
Barbican Bar & Grill is an industrial-chic eatery located on the first floor of the Barbican, London’s multi-purpose art centre. With a focus on seasonal, great quality ingredients, Barbican Bar & Grill’s menus offer the food everyone craves. Wholesome burgers, succulent chicken bites and vibrant cocktails can be enjoyed in a relaxed, rustic setting overlooking the Barbican’s lakeside.
Annual Salary: up to £35,00pa
As a Kitchen Manager, you will:
- Communicate clearly with your team in order to provide high-quality meals to customers.
- Liaise with both the Champagne Bar Manager and Group Executive Head Chef to ensure all targets are met.
- Recognise and lead the team as a whole, understanding how to maximise their potential.
- Maintain hygiene levels and safety regulations in the kitchen.
- Experience managing a kitchen, training and developing a high performing team.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.
- A keen eye for delivering tasty and well-presented meals to customers each and every time.
- Skill and willingness to take on and adapt to changes.
- You thrive on getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities
- You draw satisfaction from managing, training and supporting a team
- You provide a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Guests expectations are met
- Good understanding of report writing and financial management.
- Possess excellent supervisory and communication skills
- Good delegation and influencing skills
- Able to demonstrate your analytical approach to problem solving
- Have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service