SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The Film Post Production team are responsible for the creation of elevated, creative and informative films that live across Burberry’s numerous channels.
The Film editor will be expected to work on a the editing of Ecommerce related video content.
This will include 40+ Product focused videos per month to guidelines. It also includes the opportunity to create more creative ‘elevated’ content Videos around key product categories and collections. The editor will need to work closely with project /creative leads to deliver offline edits for approval before further post work such as grade and clean up/beauty work is implemented.
The role reports into the Senior Film Editor.
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound. Synchronizing and storing them appropriately.
- Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable;
- Creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the video and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages. Ideally this would be done through software like Davinci Resolve in order to streamline grade.
- Liaising with Creative teams for feedback sessions.
- Re-ordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Prepare assets for grade and other post work
- Quality control the asset and version it to appropriate delivery specs
- Communication and media studies
- Information technology/multimedia
- Experience and proficiency with the following software:
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Understanding of the process for preparing content for Grade in preferred solution DaVinci Resolve
- Good working knowledge of the Adobe suite including: Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
- Managing media for VFX work in software such as Nuke
- Bonus if the candidate has a knowledge of pipeline for 3D
- Must be able to follow guidelines and best practice processes
- Excellent Team Player.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude to resolving problems.