Salary: £26,511 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
We are currently recruiting a Mess Manager at Larkhill Garrison in Wiltshire, close to the city of Salisbury.
The Royal Artillery Mess is the most prestigious mess within the Allenby Connaught contract. It is the home Officers mess of the Artillery and as such is the window in to the history of the Artillery Regiment, with Royal Artillery Regiments from around the world and reunions all taking place in the mess. The mess holds numerous functions throughout the year, the majority being military style events.
The successful candidate will be highly experience in Profit and Loss management, will be able to carry themselves with an authoritative and confident manner, as they will need to be able to converse with Senior Artillery Officers.
For this very busy high profile environment, we require a ‘can do’ team player who is well organised, articulate and professional. With these attributes the success that this job can bring is extremely rewarding.
- To drive service excellence and customer satisfaction in your mess
- To manage the day to day activities of the Mess, to the benefit of all members and residents
- To promote and manage functions including planning, menus and costing in conjunction with the Service Manager
- To ensure standards of service detailed in the schedule of requirements (SOR) and quantity tables are achieved, maintained and developed
- To liaise with the PMC and mess committee to develop relationships and promote Sodexo
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven experience in hospitality sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working in a military environment
Location: Wiltshire, England