We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
Eleanor Lodge provides exceptional levels of support to adults, aged 18 and over, with learning disabilities and mental health issues. It is situated in Delapre, Northampton and offers a wonderful living environment in which our customers can enjoy an enhanced quality of life. We also offer domiciliary care to adults living in their own homes within the community.
We have teams of friendly and committed staff who provide the highest level of care. With our great accommodation and facilities, Eleanor Lodge evokes a home from home atmosphere in which our customers can feel comfortable, content and very well cared for.
What will you be doing?
As a Home Carer, your responsibilities will include:
- To support adults with disabilities within their own home.
- Occasionally providing manual handling support also.
- Tasks to include personal care, medication and preparation of meals.
- Attend social activities within the community, support with bill paying and attend medical appointments.
- Comply with care plans and own personal choice of the individual.
- Willingness to complete NVQ level 2 in social care within 2 years.
- A good understanding of Health & Social care through paid work, volunteering or personal experience.
- To be flexible with your working hours. A mixture of early shifts, late shifts and alternate weekends.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.