At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Highways Maintenance Operative to join our team in Halton and Warrington.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Ganger, you will;
- Work closely with the Maintenance team and deliver Highway Maintenance Reactive Works on the Halton and Warrington contract
- Be responsible for kerbing, paving and resurfacing footways and carriageways in accordance with the client’s needs
- Ensure that all work streams are fully compliant with SHE requirements and that works are being executed to the highest standards
- Be expected, on occasion, to work nights and weekends
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Work in line with the companies Safety, Health and Environmental policies at all times and encourage others to do so
To be successful in this role ideally you will have had experience within a similar Highways Maintenance role and industry. You will also:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to work within set timeframes
- Possess a HGV License
- Be motivated
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Be flexible in your working approach – out of hours work is expected for winter maintenance
Location: Warrington, Cheshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/1103