Are you an HGV / LGV Driver looking for your next permanent role? If so then please read on as we may just have your next role here with us at Tarmac
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for an HGV / LGV Driver to join our Readymix ‘RMX’ team working across the Cambridge and Bedfordshire area. The role is based from our Tarmac Cambridge site, in Cambridgeshire and is easily commutable from St Neots, Buckden, Huntingdon, Godmanchester, St Ives, Ely, Cambourne, Biggleswade, Royston, Saffron Walden, Haverhill, Newmarket, Swaffham, Sawston, Great Shelford, Soham, Chatteris, Warboys, Melbourn and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
You as an HGV / LGV Driver will work actively within your area and are the ‘face’ of Tarmac to our customers and the public. Duties will include the day-to-day operations in support of the site.
To be successful in the role of HGV / LGV Driver you will be responsible for (not exhaustive):
- Safe and secure delivery of ready-mix concrete and other products to residential and commercial customers
- Ability to work alone, as a team and to communicate with a busy office for instructions and information
- Ensuring that the vehicle is checked regularly and that any defects noted and highlighted to Fitter and office
- Ensuring that any journeys are undertaken safely and legally and that the loads checked and secure
- Working safely and in conjunction with current Driving Regulations
- Recording load details on the product tickets
- Comply with company standards and procedures and be in regular contact with the Transport Manager who will check such details and provide useful feedback plus help with any Driving Issues etc.
You must be able to work overtime to cover out of hours requirements
To be successful in this role of HGV / LGV Driver we are looking for a candidate who has Driving experience ideally within a similar work industry. They will also:
- Have previous experience of site work and experience with RMX mixers would prove highly beneficial; although not essential
- Possess knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Be motivated and able to work both independently and as part of the wider team
- Be flexible and adaptable in your working approach
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- LGV (HGV) Class 2 licence
- A valid Digital Tacho Card
- A valid CPC / DQC Qualification Card
Salary: Competitive + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits Package
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/4829