Calisen is expanding its range of activities in line with its mission to deliver Smarter Energy for All. Plug Me In – Heat is Calisen’s first step into low carbon heat and establishing a nationwide heat pump business.
The installation of heat pumps, combined with its existing EV charging and smart meter services, will reinforce Calisen’s role in helping to roll-out energy transition assets in support of Net Zero. The new addition to Calisen’s family will allow a wider range of customers to manage their own journeys to Net Zero and help achieve Calisen’s targets for a greener and cleaner environment.
With a new business addition comes new opportunities, and we are currently looking for experienced Heat Pump Engineers to join us as we embark on this new journey, working as part of a new team to install and commission Air Source Heat Pumps, using your knowledge and experience of heat pump installations to help to deliver a high-end customer experience. The engineers will learn about new technologies and be involved in shaping the onboarding and training of the workforce as we grow and develop our internal network, while also finding solutions to challenges and share low carbon advice with colleagues and customers.
This is a physically demanding job requiring those involved to be able to carry out the installations.
Why work for Plug Me In – Heat?
- Salary £45,050 per annum
- 30 days holiday (incl. bank holidays)
- Potential to earn up to 10% annual bonus
- Accrued company sick pay (up to 4 weeks)
- Become a member of our Health Shield benefits programme giving you discounts on everyday shopping, as well as claiming money back on dentist, opticians, physio appointments plus much more
- 24/7 EAP helpline
- Admirable high level of safety standards and full, industry leading training and development.
- Fully stocked company van & fuel card.
- Full company uniform, PPE & tools provided.
- Employee Forum – Have your voice heard!
- Development opportunities, including opportunities to progress into senior roles.
What we are looking for
- Hold a BPEC Level 3 (or equivalent) in Heat Pump Installation and design of low temperature heating systems / NVQ Level 2 or 3 in heating and plumbing & Unvented hot water storage systems (G3) qualification.
- Hold a manual driving licence that enables you to drive in the UK.
- Have experience of installing Heat Pumps, along with comprehensive knowledge of the installation of central heating systems.
- Have knowledge of Unvented Hot Water G3 Regulations.
- Be willing to learn & install new technology.
- Willing to work to the highest standards of health and safety.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Be physically able to carry out the installations.
Calisen is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, safe, and inclusive environment as we bring smarter energy to all. The more diverse our teams’ backgrounds, experiences, and ways of life, the stronger our business and relationships with our customers will be. Individuals are welcome to apply to our open positions regardless of age, gender, race, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, neurodiversity, and physical ability. We are a Disability Confident Employer and happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that candidates may need during the recruitment process, and you will be asked whether you require any during your application.
Location: Rochester, ME12 1AB