Salary: £9.25 – £9.25
Shift hours: Full Time
To maintain the dining service, meeting MOD and company requirements to the highest standards. To supervise and motivate staff and monitor standards attained within the unit.
- Weekly allocation of work schedules to ensure efficiency is maximised and all tasks are completed.
- Daily monitoring of the team and their output to ensure that all tasks have been completed to a high standard.
- Train new staff in “on job training” and use of chemicals training.
- Ensure that all staff are competent in the execution of their tasks.
- To develop the dining room staff and actively encourage ideas for improvement from the team to promote a first class service.
- Roster staff and maintain general discipline, reporting any staffing problems to your line manager.
- To ensure that high standards of personal hygiene and presentation are maintained by the dining room staff at all times.
- To ensure the dining room service meets the requirements of the client as directed by the Mess Manager (style of service, meal timings etc).
- To assist the Mess Manager in function planning in areas of responsibility eg equipment preparation, staffing and disposable orders
- To ensure the correct use, storage, and control of machinery, equipment, cleaning materials and chemicals, ensuring that your team follows safe methods of work at all times.
- Communicate chemical, equipment and cleaning material requirements to your line manager as necessary.
- Immediate reporting of any defects to your line manager.
- Ensure that tables are laid and that clearance is effective ensuring that the dining environment is clean and free from debris and dirty crockery at all times.
- Control serveries; still areas, preparation of beverages and provision of bread rolls and accompaniments during service.
- To ensure that crockery, cutlery, EPNS and Silver is checked for cleanliness before use.
- To be on duty during meal times to promote a smooth service and good customer relations
- Compliance by you and your team with the Health and Safety Act, Food Safety Act and COSHH regulations
- Maintenance of the company Quality Control Procedures.
- To develop your own skills within the scope of this position.
Location: Bulford, England