Shift hours: Permanent
Head of Retail Operations Manager
Deputy General Manager duties
Up to 65k basic
Benefits include perks at work (many discounts for well-known brands!)
Medicash – healthcare option for you and up to 4 children
On-going training and development
Catering partner, Levy UK are looking for a Head of Retail Operations Manager to join the hospitality team and Tottenham Hotspur Stadium!
The role will own the delivery of a diverse and effective, high volume retail food and beverage operation.
A passion for detailed planning, marketing, and execution of retail catering operations, with the necessary resourcing and controls in place to manage the department budget and service quality targets.
Any preconceptions of traditional retail stadia catering can be left at the stadium entrance, as this is a role for the innovator, trend setter and industry leader.
The specific remit of this role covers;
- An estimated income of £15m through diverse food and beverage operations, predominantly focussed on up to 30 major events from Football to third party events such as NFL, Concerts and Rugby.
- Over 60 food bars and beverage outlets across general admission areas
- Support the management of the ‘Market Place’ environment within the south stand, below Europe’s largest single tier seating structure
- Management of High Street and external outlets such as the M Cafe and the South podium
- Maintain key relationships and schedules with some of the leading street food vendors
Working in true partnership with our client, we will deliver a business that is guest focused, sustainable, exciting, innovative, and profitable. You are integral to this vision and will be passionate about creating something special.
- Provide first class non-event day and event day retail, bar, third party concessions operations
- Manage business needs and performance expectations and standards
- Encourage and establishing a culture of innovation
- To champion HSE within the unit and lead by example, ensuring compliance with all regulations and statutory and legal requirements, including in respect of health and safety matters
- To champion sustainability and our Net Zero goals, driving innovation.
- Managing business needs and performance expectations and standards
- Support with Budgeting, reporting, and managing financial performance of the business unit
- Ensuring delivery of financial targets and Key Performance Indicators within areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring stock control and holding is adhered too, utilising the stock management system (RTS) for wider visibility of stock holding at any given time.
- Setting quality and operational standards and upholding the same
- Establish excellent relationships with clients, contractors, and other departments
- Management and development of relevant personnel, providing inspiration and leadership to deliver exceptional service.
- Review performance and optimise sales and profitability to ensure delivery of departmental financial targets, as driven by a ‘smart’ approach to maximising the customer experience in terms of queue times, use and application of technology and the provision of enticing marketing offers
- Demonstrate full alignment with the Levy and client vision and values by consistently doing the right things and celebrating successes
- Liaising with culinary and marketing specialist colleagues to implement continuous food product development and drive footfall. Focusing on local, fresh produce.
- Liaison with 3rd party suppliers and contractors to underpin effective service delivery and product quality
- Continually aware of the customer journey, pressure points and opportunities to observe, capture and act on client and customer feedback continually
- Review wastage with the culinary team and cellar team, look at opportunities to control, educate and reduce to support overall GP% targets
- Working with Head of Logistics to oversee the smooth running of the department
- Strong project management skills to support with new opportunities.
- Min 3 years’ experience in retail and beverage environment essential
- Experience in a multisite outlet, stadium or event catering environment essential
- Personal circumstances must allow working flexible hours to align with stadia activity
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent communicator
- Strong organisation skills and commercial awareness – sees beyond the obvious and is resourceful in seizing opportunities and solving problems
- Standards and quality driven hands on management style
- Effective team player, with a “can-do” attitude
- Energetic and fast operator
- Assertive, calm, works well under pressure
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
Who we are:
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK’s most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues.
Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue. With a company-wide passion for food, Levy UK + Ireland creates menus and food experiences that feature fantastic seasonal dishes, with a strong focus on British ingredients.
As well as providing tailor-made concepts for its clients, Levy UK + Ireland also delivers corporate hospitality, event catering, venue sourcing and support services, through its portfolio of businesses. These include Keith Prowse, Payne and Gunter, and Lime Venue Portfolio.
LinkedIn Levy UK
Instagram @Levy_UK_ Ireland
Levy UK + Ireland is a sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world’s leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients’ premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business + Industry, Defence, Offshore + Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports + Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Compass Group UK+I