We’re looking for a Head of Model Risk Oversight and Control, who will be responsible for defining our model risk framework, policies and all related modelling standards. In addition, you’ll be responsible for the maintenance of the Bank’s model inventory, and reporting on model performance against risk appetite.
- Develop and maintain the Bank’s Model Risk Framework, and supporting policies and procedures.
- Model Risk Standards covering approach to Model Development, Validation, Implementation, Performance Monitoring and Maintenance.
- Model Inventory development, risk assessment and reporting.
- Track and report on the compliance of models with governance requirements.
- Keep track of industry trends and regulatory requirements to continually enhance the Bank’s approach to model risk.
- Report to Committees on the performance of models, including against the Bank’s model risk appetite.
- Work with stakeholders across the Bank to embed the requirements of the Model Risk Framework.
- 10+ years’ experience in model risk oversight and control related roles within a Banking environment.
- A detailed understanding of the types of models used within a Bank, including where model risks may arise.
- A proven ability to interpret and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Proven experience in influencing, negotiation and relationship management.
- Strong communication skills, with experience of preparing and presenting documents and committee papers in relation to model risk.
- A good understanding of model development, validation and implementation processes..
- Strong understanding of best practice in model risk governance.
- Exposure to a wide range of model types (e.g. Credit Risk, Financial Risk, Machine Learning, AI) preferred.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.