Shift hours: Permanent
Head Chef – Newcastle
Up to 28k
Predominantly Monday to Friday
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff .You will be leading a team who have a passion for preparing food on a daily basis using fresh ingredients. It all starts with enjoyment-great tasting ,healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
- The Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production covering pupil and staff feeding along with an extensive range of functions and events
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets.
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality’ .Great people skills and be able to lead, develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A ‘Can do’ attitude
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne