Salary: £30000 – £33000
Shift hours: Full Time
An exciting opening has arisen on our prestige client’s site in Burgess Hill for an experienced Head Chef to join our team delivering a Modern Recipe food offer. Click here to find out more about it.
This role will suit a chef with the drive and passion to develop the culinary offerings taking them to the next level to enhance our customers experience. You would have extensive knowledge experience with fresh and healthy food preparation to the food offer specification, meticulous about compliance and audit preparedness and ability to cater to a volume (1000+ covers/day).
Working with the onsite team you will nurture and develop individuals aligning with the site and company objectives whilst at the same time having the opportunity to develop and progress within your own role.
This position offers an excellent work life balance with sociable working hours mainly on a Monday – Friday basis with occasional evening or weekend event. You will also have the opportunity to work with and be supported by the Sodexo culinary team that has extensive knowledge with produce, fine dining, menu development and further education.
Working for Sodexo – a world leading catering provider – means open doors to trade shows, supplier visits, trend and innovation tours, supplier farm visits, trade awards and other exciting opportunities to grow and develop as a professional.
We offer a great team, salary up to £33,000, the usual Sodexo employee benefits on top of fantastic development and progression.
- Leverage fully all existing Sodexo best practices and process
- Drive operational excellence and lean thinking in Food Operations ensuring best financial outcomes and great customer service
- P&L reports
- Compliance to SLA
- Maintenance of excellent client satisfaction
- Upkeep of unit audit scores
- Keeping employee turnover low
- Kitchen and Food Production employee appraisals completed within agreed timeframe
- 100%Company Purchasing and Trading compliance
- Achievement of Sales and GP
- Experience as Head Chef/Executive Head Chef
- P&L experience
- Strong financial awareness and understanding of budgets
- Extensive knowledge of compliance, audit preparedness, allergens and due dilligence
- Good communication skills
- Able to manage teams of people
- Impeccable culinary skills
- Client customer communication skills, with the ability to develop long term relationships
- Passion for food and service delivery
Location: Burgess Hill, England